Enjoy your bank holidays on the farm!
The seasons are lived in high definition at Feather Down Farms, and each has its own special something. Spring is synonymous with renewal, awakening and birth and after a winter of making preparations for the farming year, our farmers and their families are ready. Lambing season begins, the bluebells bloom, the birds return from the south and the natural world is fresh and pretty.
Next to the May Bank holiday long weekend, we are now offering a special short weekend stay Friday 2nd to Monday the 5th of May;Visit famous Layer Marney Tower, in Essex for £459.
The Prince's Countryside Fund
when you book a holiday with us, we invite you to donate an optional £1 (or more) to The Prince’s Countryside Fund, which will fund hard pressed rural areas within Britain. Feel free to increase your donation and help The Prince’s Countryside Fund even more!
Come and see for yourself why the countryside needs to be preserved by visiting Howbeck Lodge farm in the Lake District.Visit Howbeck Lodge Farm for only £249 for the midweek of 12 May 2014.
Objectives of the Prince's Countryside Fund that match perfectly with Feather Down Farm Days are;
- To reconnect consumers with the countryside.
- To improve the sustainability of British farming and rural communities, targeting the areas of greatest need.
Glamping at Feather Down Farms and Country Retreats
Every Feather Down Tent is equipped for a maximum of 6 people (max. 5 adults and 1 child up to 12 years old). The safari-like or lodge tent is 45m2 large. Feather Down offers you a lot of Glamping ingredients:
- a living space of 45 m2
- 3 bedrooms, inculding the famous cupboard bed!
- proper beds with comfy mattresses
- a kitchen with cold running water tap and a flushing toilet
- solid wooden floor boards throughout
- New in 2014: all tents are equipped with a comfy sofa!
Would you like your own private hot tub, then choose a Frills Tents with the following luxurious extra's:
- your very own private hot tub
- a private outdoor shower
- a veranda
- a hammock to relax on your veranda
- a welcome surprise
- ready beddy: all the beds made up upon arrival
There is no electricity in the Feather Down Tent itself, so to brighten up the inside, we use romantic oil lamps and candles. Electricity sockets are usually nearby at the honesty shop or shower block to charge your phone.
If you are in need of a real break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, then make a Reservation to be able to enjoy all of this yourself in total piece and quiet.